HappyForms is a drag and drop form builder for creating contact forms, lead generation forms, feedback forms, quote forms, survey forms and more.
Some highlights that deserve special mention:
- Create multi-column layouts intuitively, without any shortcodes
- Form Styling, ideal for non-coders: Over 50 styles controls built-in.
- Live preview removes the guesswork while building the form.
- Invisible HoneyPot spam prevention. If you upgrade to a paid plan, ReCaptcha is also available
In this HappyForms review, we will show all the features we track. Please note that there may be more features in their repertoire, but we had to limit ourselves to those which appear in more than one plugin, or have a substantial value for the average user, which can be the case for some innovative and unique feature.
Of course, we’re always open for your suggestion!
Further, we are curating a hand-picked list of video tutorials and in-depth reviews which we found for this plugin. Again, please send us a message if you believe we missed out on a valuable resource. Maybe one you just wrote? I’d love to hear from you!
HappyForms: Limitations of the free version
You can use HappyForms for free on as many sites as you want. However some features are very limited and you may quickly find you have to upgrade anyway. For example:
- The field types in the free version are very limited: Text fields, Email, Checkboxes, Radio buttons, Dropdown and number fields, that’s it. For anything else, you need to upgrade, which is unusual when compared to other form builder plugins
- As Antispam Measure you get the honeypot for free, but that may not be enough to stop the bots from spamming. If you want to use reCAPTCHA v3, you have to upgrade.
HappyForms is not expensive so it may be worth trying out.
HappyForms tutorials and video reviews
To help you in your quest, we have featured some tutorial videos below so you get a hands-on impression of how the plugin looks in the backend, and what is needed to solve common tasks, such as building a contact form or adding calculations, etc. Please advise in the comments if you think we missed a good one!
HappyForms Feature ListSuggest a change
|Features tracked in WP Plugin Scout||HappyForms Free||Starter||Business||Professional|
|Form Submission Notifications|
|Import / Export forms|
|Drag and Drop Editor|
|Unlimited Form Fields|
|Customize HTML / CSS|
|Advanced Form Fields|
|e-Signature form field|
|Front End Submission|
|Complex (Multicolumn) Layouts|
|Display Form Data|
|Form Landing Page Builder|
|Limit Form Submissions|
|PDF Form Submissions|
|Smart Script Loading|
|Custom Search Form|
|User Registration + Login|
|Save and Continue Drafts|
|Review Before Submit|
|Automatically Populate Fields|
|Form Action Automation|
|Paypal Commerce Platform|
|PayPal Payments Pro|
|Elavon Payment Integration|
|Campaign Monitor Form Integration|
|Multilanguage Plugin Integration|
|Pipe Video Recording|
|Youtube Signup Forms|